It is my passion to design prototypes and to empower cross-functional teams. Currently, I specialize in the design of prototypes using efficient workshops and human-centered design practices. When not exploring new technology, I enjoy spending quality time with my family and friends while away from computer screens.
I founded Black Flag Design which has prototyped augmented reality, architectural, and other progressive digital products. With Voltage Control, our team brought innovation facilitation and design thinking to Fortune 500 companies across the US.
In the past, I was Design Lead for the TEEX Product Development Center where I led a team in the design of disaster response training and emergency management technologies. Additionally, I served the City of Austin as a Digital Designer. My time in local government was spent developing websites to publish information about infrastructure assets to the public.
I have a passion for architecture and hold a Bachelor of Environmental Design from Texas A&M University.
- Managed interdisciplinary teams distributed design teams across multiple timezones.
- Augmented company’s internal design capacity on long-term engagements.
- Launched new category-defining product experiences for companies.
- Facilitated 30+ innovation workshops for Fortune 500 companies.
- Designed 20+ high fidelity prototypes for use in moderated customer interviews.
- Moderated 10+ customer interview sessions and reported key insights.
- Implemented human-centered design methods among enterprise teams.
- Demonstrated innovative service design to create delightful product experiences.
- Founded a creative agency to prototype and test products.
- Designed and produced interactive mockups for 10+ companies.
- Acquired design contracts and managed a team of 4 designers.
- Facilitate working groups focusing on transportation and local mobility bond development.
- Develop graphics standards for the largest land development code rewrite in the city’s history.
- Launch two products that communicate the value of the City of Austin’s assets to the community.
- Synthesize input from key stakeholders involved with public utilities, transportation, and management.
- Design information used to report on the construction and renewal of assets.
- Design, development, and implementation of an Asset Management Plan document.
- Manage a team of six interdisciplinary developers and designers across multiple countries.
- Direct design research and production of computer vision technology in the home management field.
- Identify potential technology partnerships and relationships with home service providers.
- Research mobile augmented reality information capture, display, and consumption.
- Incorporated the business as a C Corp in Delaware doing business in Texas.
- Maintain client relationships throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Assist clients in the development of both form and function in products and marketing materials.
- Produce 3D models and renderings for rapid prototyping and 3D printing. Coordinate a team of four designers in project scheduling, production, and delivery.
- Facilitate the commercialization of disaster response technologies for FEMA, Texas Task Force 1.